Friday, April 13, 2007

The stratosphere
And
I am on
Top
with you
Below
Smiling,
Scared
of heights
So my eyes are closed
with you
Inside me
Immaculate
naked,naked
beautiful
I
catch my breath,your breath
Then let them
go
now
This is us
wax limbs
hot melting into
each other
Far too close,
now
Far too close-
the sun,
like the desert outside
sweating
And this
is all you know of
me burning
mouth moving over
you
warm skin
this, that
me before
I started this
running
And this
is all I know
you nervous
Tumbling,
Fumbling over
hands,words
this,that
you
I crave,carried with me
On the road
I spent years
running
trying
to fill
holes,
empty
with holes
I dug
On my own
trying to forget
you
I forgot
myself
And now
I am on top
dangling,tangling
with you
your breath
my breath
the stratosphere
shaking,scared
eyes closed
I don't want to
let you
go
and I am
naked,naked
terrified
for the first time
in years
I am not
running
and this is us
skin,salt
left to say
what we won't
don't worry
or forget
I love you

march 9th 2007 rome

No comments: